In the present times, with all the advancements and competition, having your ecommerce is essential to expand your business and reach more and more customers. With this growth, maximizing the customer experience in ecommerce, with differentials, is important.
In this article, we will talk a little more about how a quality experience in your ecommerce, retains, pleases, and increases the chances of consumers returning; in addition to consolidating your brand. Namely:
- Ways to improve the customer experience;
- Good browsing and online shopping experience indicators;
- Benefits of a good ecommerce experience.
An excellent shopping experience covers several aspects of your ecommerce and part of the brand’s relationship with people. Presenting the product in a clear and detailed way, providing photos, videos, and dimensions are points that can be charming for the customer and improve their shopping experience.
How to improve the customer experience (CX) in ecommerce?
- Intuitive usability: giving a first impression is important for retention. Make sure that ecommerce navigation is intuitive with clear and organized structures, thus giving the customer the possibility to easily find the products;
- Responsive design: involves the issue of usability, but this time, ensuring that the ecommerce adapts easily to any type of screen and device;
- Detailed product descriptions: online shopping needs to break the distance barrier between the product and the customer. Therefore, giving as much information about the product, providing photos, dimensions, and reviews, gives more confidence for the purchase to be finalized;
- Simplified Checkout: this step is crucial for the purchase to be completed. For this to happen, it is important to simplify and reduce the process, and offer several payment options;
- Customer service: providing online chat, email, or phone contact makes the consumer more confident and better assisted. Responding quickly shows that the customer is being valued.
When choosing to buy a product online, people look for ease and security, as well as a lot of information about the product and impressions from other consumers. And that’s why it’s so important to consider each step of the customer journey in detail. That is, regardless of whether your business is B2B, B2C, or of any other type, the answer to these questions will help you provide a better experience for your customer:
- How do customers search for your products/ services? And how do they decide between the options?
- What kind of personalized help and content will they need along the journey?
- What additional items, or services, might they be inspired to consider purchasing?
- How do they complete the selection process for your product or service?
- What kind of support is needed by your customer after purchase?
Fortunately, nowadays, you have the necessary tools to get a quick answer to these and other questions, above all because we are in an era dedicated to the customer, experiences, and personalization. For today’s buyers, only customer-centric companies meet expectations and are considered in the selection process (other companies are simply ignored). This means that providing a good ecommerce experience is one of the factors that help businesses grow and prosper.
“83% of the customers consider the shopping experience as important as the quality of the products.”
According to a study by Deloitte, consumers today have very high expectations regarding the browsing and shopping experience. Some relevant indicators that you can find in this study:
- 83% consider the shopping experience as important as the quality of the products.
- 69% believe that a good shopping experience increases expectations in relation to other brands;
- 59% are willing to pay more for a good shopping experience;
But what are the real benefits of a good ecommerce experience?
- Increased sales: more satisfied and happy customers complete their online purchases more often and spread the word about your online platform to others;
- Generation of positive reviews and comments: a good experience can lead consumers to leave good reviews, which helps build a good brand image;
- Reduction of cart abandonment rates: optimizing the checkout process and offering good support, significantly reduces Texas cart abandonment;
- Market expansion: with more satisfied customers returning to make other purchases, it increases the reach of more and more customers from different regions and countries.
With all these strategies before and during the search and purchase by the consumer, it is important for the merchant to be aware of delivery times and payment methods. The ecommerce experience should be before, during, and after.
This whole combination undoubtedly promotes time savings that the customer needs, personalized service, trust, cost savings, security in transactions, and an increase in the conversion rate.
Need to invest in a better experience in your ecommerce? Now that you know a little more about the benefits and how to get started, you can focus more on this area to grow your business.