We know that for an ecommerce platform to be increasingly fulfilling the expectations of companies and customers, increase sales, and improve the online experience, with updates and improvements to the platform, especially with integrations.
This article discusses the Ecommerce integration with an ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning), to help ensure business efficiency and effectiveness.
What is an ERP?
It is a type of software that allows you to optimize and manage your business and day-to-day tasks, ERP provides a space to take care of inventory, accounting, risk management, and other activities. They are also designed to manage the data needed for strategic decision-making and improve efficiency.
This tool is very useful for ecommerce to be able to monitor inventory levels and get real-time updates from warehouses. An ERP ecommerce integration brings as much of the company’s data into your ERP to make it more effective.
The integration for ecommerce, like the ERP system, allows sales information to be updated automatically and enables the company to more accurately monitor cash flow and inventory.
Generally speaking, management is the area where ERPs are most facilitating, it allows data collection and transmission of information more consistently and reduces the chance of operational errors.
Benefits of Ecommerce and ERP’s integration
- Increased operational efficiency: reduces rework by optimizing data integrated and available in both systems
- Reduced order processing time: orders are automatically registered in the ERP system, through an API that makes it possible to share information between different systems;
- Better inventory management: real-time monitoring of inventory information. Allows for more accurate and efficient management;
- Increased accuracy of financial information: better cash flow management with sales information automatically updated in the ERP system;
- Improved customer experience: more agile and accurate customer service, improving customer experience and loyalty.
- Centralized data: reduces the risk of errors and allows a real-time and ample view of operations, as well as being able to access and use the data in a more collaborative and efficient way;
- Reduction in human error: The automation of this integration eliminates manual processes and ensures that the data is accurate and secure.
Functions of an ERP integration
There are several ways to do integration between ecommerce and ERP’s, and each one meets the need of your ecommerce.
Talking about integrations, besides all the benefits of ERP integration, an ERP-integrated ecommerce can be Headless which allows you to work on one platform, cloud-based, which allows more flexibility and agility in development and platform changes.
How is ERP integration done?
There are a few different methods of data integration that have specific uses for each platform need. And below, we will present some characteristic steps for integrating an ERP system.
Steps to integrate an ERP System
ERP’s integration methods:
- Point-to-point integrations: best suited for integrations where there are only two platforms involved, it links the systems to each other;
- Enterprise Service Bus (ESB): the data so translated into any format and routed to where it is needed; not suitable for companies that need to integrate with SaaS solutions.
- Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS): a cloud-based integration, it is flexible, cost-effective, and used to link ERP platforms with SaaS systems.
As we have seen, when an ERP is integrated with the ecommerce platform, it transfers some information.
Integrate an ERP with Ecommerce platform, includes:
- Order information
- Inventory management
- Payment processing
- Shipments and pending invoices
- Customer service
- Logistics and transportation
With our Order Management System partner, Keros Digital it is possible to invest in integrations with various ERP systems that include Primavera, SAGE, and CentralGest. With these integrations, companies can synchronize their data from ERP systems and the Keros Digital platform to manage their online and offline stores.
By using a connector to ERP systems, Keros Digital automates the tasks of managing inventory and updating stock levels, pricing, and product information.
The ecommerce integrations are an important investment for every company to consider and apply to its platform.
At PIPECODES, we work with several solutions and integrations for your e-commerce!
Are you looking for the best ERP Ecommerce integration?